Buyingtime/Commerce Futures is an events & media business with a popular events series that engages with business leaders and practitioners in the following sectors:
- Multichannel brands and retailers
- Media, entertainment and publishing
- Travel and tourism
- B2B commerce (wholesale, manufacturing, FMCG, logistics)
- The Third Sector
We run an ever-popular series of events with a variety of topics across a range of sectors, including: eCommerce, Digital, Technology and many more. Our calendar for 2023 and 2024 has seen demand surge and so we are looking to recruit an Events Manager with solid large scale events experience.
Principle responsibilities: –
To ensure the following:
- Ensure ‘gold standard’ delivery of multiple events for clients throughout the year which may include: drinks receptions, large conferences as well as dinners on both a small and large scale.
- To blend content, speaker recruitment and audience recruitment with great logistics to deliver successful events for our clients
- To ensure that the balance between speaker content and audience building is achieved at the right cadence and of the right quality
- To own the journey for our multiple clients from initial sign up, through to delivery, with regular reporting and honest input/feedback.
- Managing event budgets, and ensuring that all logistics (space, catering, AV, signage, comms etc.) deliver seamlessly
- Minimising risk and spotting issues early – surfacing them and dealing with them proactively
- Working closely with a team of mixed experience, offering advice and learning from others as needs be
- Executing the events on the day, managing logistics and the team
- Commercial ownership – an understanding and appreciation for costs, spend, payment needs and value for money from suppliers.
- Considered organisation – Detail-driven, you need to be able to focus on the little things and record everything accurately so that team members and clients trust your work.
- Event Marketing – Build your skills in understanding our world of digital & marketing technology to better execute every event
- Essential personal skills are common sense and attention to detail.
- You will have had solid commercial experience in larger hospitality events – and have the skill to look calm and in control whilst under pressure.